Sunday, April 24, 2011

9

Infrared-based Touchscreen Monitor (My Final Year Project)

  • Sunday, April 24, 2011
  • AdamHyung
  • Share

  • I've done an Infrared-based Touchscreen Monitor add-on as my final year project. How do you all think? =D
    It took me so many problems and troubleshooting to do it, almost requires 3 to 4 months.

    Intro
    Infrared-based Touchscreen Monitor is a peripheral device that can be attached to the monitor of desktop or laptop, transforming a display-only monitor to a touchscreen-enabled monitor. It provides a more interactive way to communicate with PC instead of using mouse.

    This project is divided into hardware and software part. The hardware consists of IR emitters and receivers, microcontroller (PIC16f877A), multiplexers and demultiplexers. It establishes a serial data communication between the PIC and PC via USB to UART converter. The software section is divided into two parts: microcontroller C programming and PC’s Visual Basic Programming. Visual Basic is used to receive data from PC via COM port and process the data received.

    Basically, the operation of the project is to determine x and y coordinates through the IR receivers on IR frame, then the data is sent to PC via USB to UART converter. Data is the processed and calculated to find the coordinates on the screen in pixels. Thus, the cursor is moved to the particular coordinate and performs the click’s events such as left click or right click. By using the API of windows through Visual Basic programming, PC is able to interrupt mouse events, thus click is possible to be developed.

    well... I'm not like others so professional. It just can perform the very basic function. As an diploma student, I've tried my best.. >.<


    9 Responses to “Infrared-based Touchscreen Monitor (My Final Year Project)”

    Ethane said...
    May 29, 2011 at 2:18 PM

    This is AWESOME! Did you build the infrared array yourself?


    AdamHyung said...
    May 30, 2011 at 10:17 PM

    yaya =D
    it took me weeks to bend all those IR led.. >.<
    but it worths =P


    Unknown said...
    June 21, 2011 at 11:49 AM

    well its awsme......i m in final year MCA...
    i am also looking forwad for such project....
    can you help me on this?


    Ethane said...
    June 28, 2011 at 10:33 AM

    Adam,

    I would be very interested to speak to you about this and would be willing to pay you for advice. Please email me at musicguy433@gmail.com


    arumugam said...
    January 9, 2012 at 7:03 PM

    Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS

    to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.


    BE Final Year Projects


    Rahul said...
    January 20, 2012 at 6:24 PM

    this is awesome... me to like to do such a project... Can u help me... ?? please talk to me at rahulvmmkm@gmail.com


    pradeep chandra said...
    January 9, 2013 at 5:45 PM

    hi ....this is awesome project i would like to do the same project ...plz plz plz can u send me all the info about this project to my mail :"kspcr111@gmail.com":
    Thank you


    Unknown said...
    March 2, 2013 at 6:09 PM

    Hi Adam Hyung your project is awesome. I am also interested in doing the same project. Please help me out.
    email id: rajesh.rbk@gmail.com


    Unknown said...
    March 29, 2013 at 6:59 PM

    Hi there, Can you please send me the info about your project at my mail "samantha445510@yahoo.com"
    Please help me it's for my project :)


    Post a Comment

    Followers

    Powered by Blogger.

    Subscribe